Crop Hail Production Plan
By utilizing CHPP with a Revenue Protection (RP) or Yield Protection (YP), or any successors to these plans, producers have the potential of full coverage on their crops.
- Protects the portion of the crop exposed with yield and revenue policies—up to 120% of the insured’s APH (depending on state level availability)
- Maximizes coverage to avoid double coverage on crops
- Coverage is on a unit basis (certain states can elect EP)
- All eligible acres of the requested crop/county from the underlying MPCI policy will be insured
- Can elect the option to insure only irrigated practice acres or all acres, by crop/county
- Underlying MPCI must be YP, RP, or any successors to these plans (excludes CAT)
- APH, price share, and MPCI levels are used to determine the limit of coverage and premium
- Insured must provide total harvested and/or appraised production for each unit within 30 days after harvest or 30 days of termination of coverage
- Indemnity payments are based on the lesser of the actual hail loss percentage or the production deficiency percentage
Find An Agent in Your Area to Learn More
AgriSompo North America is one of the nation’s largest underwriters of federally-sponsored crop insurance. We’re dedicated to protecting the livelihoods of farmers and ranchers by offering direct and customized agribusiness risk management products through a nation-wide network of exceptional independent crop insurance agents.
For general questions, information regarding agency appointments, or to find an AgriSompo North America agent in your area, contact us today.